Experiment - YouTube

June 25, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

I'm a very shy, introverted person. Usually I have a hard time starting conversations, and answering questions. Especially when I'm in public, if it's just a class presentation, I have the tendency to start stuttering. My heart starts racing and as soon as I realize that I hear myself speak, it's all over. I start taking more breaths and just mumble so that nobody can understand me.

However in front of my friends, I'm not like that, I'm very open, and outgoing. They often describe me as very happy with a strong personality. 

Since I've heard that talking more to the camera, a mirror, may help being more comfortable with others, I decided to use YouTube as a device of me becoming more open. 

This is my first time talking in front of a camera, and as you can see I'm very shy, have a hard time figuring out what I want to say, and it's just so very awkward and embarrassed hearing myself.


I hope with more videos to come I become more calm and it's easier to talk. Especially because I have a heavy accent, I have a hard time keeping my sentences grammatically right when I'm nervous.