Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2

May 21, 2017 0 Comments A+ a-

Final Fantasy XIII


Final Fantasy XIII follows the heroes Lightning, Snow, Hope, Vanille, Fang, and Sazh around trying to save the world from the fal'cie and saving Sara, Lightnings sister, as they make their way through Cocoon and Grand Pulse.

Every since I was a teenager, I always wanted to play a Final Fantasy game, because I saw my childhood friends play Final Fantasy X and X-2 on their Playstation 2. But I was never able to play it since the game disc was corrupted and when I wanted to play it, it wasn't able to read on my Playstation 2. So I was glad that my husband told me that he has the games Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and Lightning Returns on his Steam account.

Now, I know a lot of people say that this is the worst Final Fantasy game out there, since the majority of the time is Lightning walking through hallways. But for me, a first time Final Fantasy player, FFXIII was a good game, because it didn't have riddles and basically just let's the player fight the whole time, for others it would be a bit of a boring game, mostly because you just walk and fight the whole time, but for me it was a nice introduction, again my opinion might not be acceptable for others who are Final Fantasy veterans, but I'm a noob and mostly the designs were very appealing to me.

Final Fantasy XIII-2


Final Fantasy XIII-2 is different from FFXIII, it follows Sara (Lightnings sister) and Noel Kreiss (a Time traveler form the future) to save the world, because of the time distortion that happened after FFXIII ended. Lightning sends Sara and Noel through the time lines and solve time distortions.

When I finished FF13 and started up on FF13-2 I was quiet confused, because it started off not at the end of FF13, but with a slightly different point, Lightning is in another realm and Sara is in the New Bodhum which they build up. So when I started FF13-2 I expected it to continue, where it finished in FF13.

Aside from that fact that the beginning is different another aspect that was a bit disappointing is that I had to go back and forth from the time lines and solve different realms, sometimes it left me off not knowing where to go next in the timeline. While others were happy about going back and forth form worlds and time lines, I wasn't much pleased with it, because I was sometimes lost.  Others also say that FF13-2 is a way for the game developer to make FF13 "better" because it disappointed many players.

Of course everywhere there are pro's and con's to a game, some might like something that I didn't like much.

Conclusion
If you are a noob in Final Fantasy like me, and your first game is Final Fantasy XIII don't let veterans cloud your experience with this game. 
For me it was a nice game, even it being my introductory game, I will continue playing Final Fantasy games and still look back on FF13 because it being my first FF game, it was a nice game.

Love Serenity